Recipe by Lalaloula
These are very fruity and soft cookies. Great for a summer picnic, but in autumn as well. =)
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
These are lovely cookies and a nice healthy treat, especially when using whole wheat flour. I used gala apples as that's what I had on hand. I think next time I'd like a stronger orange flavour so will use 4 tbsps of orange juice frozen concentrate and perhaps try some ground ginger and ground flax seed in them as well. A very nice, light snack. Thanks for posting Lalaloula! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 2011 :)
- 500 g apples (best use sour ones)
- 150 g flour
- 100 g oats
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 90 g soft butter
- 70 g brown sugar
- 1 lemon (organic!)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, core and grate the apples coarsely.
- Combine flour, baking powder and oats in a bowl.
- Cream butter, sugar, lemon peel, eggs, orange juice with 2 tbs of lemon juice.
- Add flour mixture and apples to the egg mixture. Stir in well.
- Drop spoonfulls of the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 200°C for ca. 20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.