Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very fruity and soft cookies. Great for a summer picnic, but in autumn as well. =)
- 500 g apples (best use sour ones)
- 150 g flour
- 100 g oats
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 90 g soft butter
- 70 g brown sugar
- 1 lemon (organic!)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- Wash, core and grate the apples coarsely.
- Combine flour, baking powder and oats in a bowl.
- Cream butter, sugar, lemon peel, eggs, orange juice with 2 tbs of lemon juice.
- Add flour mixture and apples to the egg mixture. Stir in well.
- Drop spoonfulls of the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 200°C for ca. 20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.
These are lovely cookies and a nice healthy treat, especially when using whole wheat flour. I used gala apples as that's what I had on hand. I think next time I'd like a stronger orange flavour so will use 4 tbsps of orange juice frozen concentrate and perhaps try some ground ginger and ground flax seed in them as well. A very nice, light snack. Thanks for posting Lalaloula! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 2011 :)
I love cookies, crisp or soft, but this time around it was the soft ones I wanted, & these really filled the bill there! Because of the number of cookies, I did a little experimenting in that, before adding the apples, I divided the dough in half, then to half of the dough I added Fuji apples & to the other half I added Granny Smiths ~ Just wanted to see the difference when using a sweeter apple as when using the green, tart apples! Loved them both, but I really, really liked the Fuji apples better (probably my sweet tooth shining through)! Which ever way, this is certainly a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]