Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Apple crisp that uses oatmeal raisin cookie dough for the topping. This is something that just sounded good one day. I used half a package of Toll House place and bake dough and baked the other half as cookies. :) My oven runs a bit odd, so cooking times are guesstimated.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place butter in 8x8 baking dish, Tilt dish to coat sides.
- Toss apple slices with vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir dry ingredients together until well mixed.
- Sprinkle dry ingredients over apples, stirring until well coated.
- Place apples in baking dish, bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until apples are softening.
- While apples are baking, chop cookie dough into small pieces, a bit bigger than chocolate chips.
- Remove apples from oven, evenly sprinkle cookie dough over apples and return to oven for 10-15 minutes, until cookie topping is lightly browned.
- The cookie dough will spread a bit, so there is no need to cover the apples completely.
Fun idea. I made a small batch of my oatmeal cookie dough to use. I'm guessing it was good since I left it on the oven for my family and it was gone when I got back to it! Thanks for posting! I'll make it again (and dish up first this time!)