Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Apple crisp that uses oatmeal raisin cookie dough for the topping. This is something that just sounded good one day. I used half a package of Toll House place and bake dough and baked the other half as cookies. :) My oven runs a bit odd, so cooking times are guesstimated.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place butter in 8x8 baking dish, Tilt dish to coat sides.
- Toss apple slices with vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir dry ingredients together until well mixed.
- Sprinkle dry ingredients over apples, stirring until well coated.
- Place apples in baking dish, bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until apples are softening.
- While apples are baking, chop cookie dough into small pieces, a bit bigger than chocolate chips.
- Remove apples from oven, evenly sprinkle cookie dough over apples and return to oven for 10-15 minutes, until cookie topping is lightly browned.
- The cookie dough will spread a bit, so there is no need to cover the apples completely.
Fun idea. I made a small batch of my oatmeal cookie dough to use. I'm guessing it was good since I left it on the oven for my family and it was gone when I got back to it! Thanks for posting! I'll make it again (and dish up first this time!)