2 hrs 15 mins
From EatingWell: January/February 2008: Sturdy apples are flavored with cinnamon and vanilla in this slow cooker apple compote. Top with low-fat vanilla ice cream and a sprinkling of toasted walnuts for dessert.
My Private Note
cup ser ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the apples and slice 1/4 inch thick. (You should have about 9 cups.)
- 2Place the apples in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker.
- 3Add sugar and cinnamon to taste, and toss to coat well.
- 4Cover and cook until the apples are very tender and almost translucent, but not pureed, 2 to 2 1/2 hours on high or 4 to 4 1/2 hours on low.
- 5Stir in vanilla.
- 6Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- 7Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 8Serve with low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Confit (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g