1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in the local newspaper. I haven't tried it yet. I'm posting it before I lose it. ;-) Note: cooking time is actually chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup poppy seed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 head cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 4 fuji apples, peeled, cored and julienne
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch green onion, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1Stir together the mayonnaise, poppy seeds, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Pour the dressing over the mixed ingredients and mix thoroughly to coat.
- 4Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 5Toss salad before serving to redistribute the dressing.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 539.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g