Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in the local newspaper. I haven't tried it yet. I'm posting it before I lose it. ;-) Note: cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup poppy seed
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 head cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 4 fuji apples, peeled, cored and julienne
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch green onion, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- Stir together the mayonnaise, poppy seeds, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the mixed ingredients and mix thoroughly to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Toss salad before serving to redistribute the dressing.