1/3 Photos of Apple Coffee Cake With Crumble Topping and Brown Sugar Glaze
1 hr 5 mins
Food Network, Emeril Lagasse, 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled cored and chopped apples
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating after the addition of each.
- 3In a separate bowl or on a piece of parchment, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream and vanilla. Fold in the apples.
- 4Pour into the prepared baking dish, spreading out to the edges.
- 6In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter, and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 7Sprinkle the topping over the cake and bake until golden brown and set, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
- 9In a bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla, and water and mix until smooth. Drizzle the cake with the glaze and let harden slightly. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Coffee Cake With Crumble Topping and Brown Sugar Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 244.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g