Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from food network and it tastes amazing it even has an optional brown sugar glaze
- 10 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled cored and diced apples
- crumb topping (>)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- glaze (>)
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter.
- In a large bowl, cream together the remaining stick of butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating after the addition of each.
- In a separate bowl or on a piece of parchment, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream and vanilla.
- Fold in the apples.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, spreading out to the edges.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the cake.
- bake until golden brown (40-45 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla, and water and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle the cake with the glaze and let harden slightly.
- Cut into squares and serve.
The good: fast and very easy to do! The bad: crust was way too crumbly/crunchy (maybe I didn't crush granola into small enough pieces), apples were watery (probably better if skin were peeled and add a table spoon of flour like in many other recipes), raisins on granola topping were burnt (maybe better to bake with aluminium foil cover)
hi I haven't started making this recipe yet, but it looks really amazing and I'm dying to try it out. I hope it comes out as tastty as it seems!;) :)
Wonderful!! Easy to make, and a new favorite of ours!