Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from food network and it tastes amazing it even has an optional brown sugar glaze
Make and share this Apple Coffee Cake With Crumble Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 10 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled cored and diced apples
- crumb topping (>)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- glaze (>)
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter.
- In a large bowl, cream together the remaining stick of butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating after the addition of each.
- In a separate bowl or on a piece of parchment, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream and vanilla.
- Fold in the apples.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, spreading out to the edges.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the cake.
- bake until golden brown (40-45 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla, and water and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle the cake with the glaze and let harden slightly.
- Cut into squares and serve.
hi I haven't started making this recipe yet, but it looks really amazing and I'm dying to try it out. I hope it comes out as tastty as it seems!;) :)
Wonderful!! Easy to make, and a new favorite of ours!
This was a little work, but well worth it. I loved it! At first I was worried because the batter was thick, and I thought no way was it going to fit in the casserole dish nor be of a nice cake size. But......I was wrong. Spread out the batter like it states and you get a nice rise. Loved the smell while baking. Thank you so much for posting. Made for An Apple A Day Event for Photo Forum