1/2 Photos of Apple Coffee Cake With Crumble Topping
1 hr 25 mins
I got this recipe from food network and it tastes amazing it even has an optional brown sugar glaze
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled cored and diced apples
- crumb topping (>)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- glaze (>)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together the remaining stick of butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating after the addition of each.
- 5In a separate bowl or on a piece of parchment, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- 6Add to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream and vanilla.
- 7Fold in the apples.
- 8Pour into the prepared baking dish, spreading out to the edges.
- 10In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 11Sprinkle the topping over the cake.
- 12bake until golden brown (40-45 minutes).
- 13Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- 15In a bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla, and water and mix until smooth.
- 16Drizzle the cake with the glaze and let harden slightly.
- 17Cut into squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Coffee Cake With Crumble Topping
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 243.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g