Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from Linda, my friend of 40 years! She has given the recipe to many people and once you try it, you'll know why. I've made it with a combo of white and whole wheat flour. I've also used applesauce in place of the oil - it still tastes great!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped apples (peeled or not)
- 1 cup nuts (or combo) or 1 cup raisins (or combo) or 1 cup cranberries (or combo)
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl; gradually add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake in a preheated 350F oven for an hour or until a cake tester comes out clean.
We loved it. I used 1 cup applesauce with 1/2 cup oil and it came out perfect! That was the replacement for 1 1/2 cup oil that many reviews felt was too much oil. Baking time was 55 minutes in a Bundt pan. I diced 2 tart green apples. Very easy recipe with great results. I also have made this in a crock pot using the bread or cake insert sold by rival. I cut the recipe in half and cooked on high setting for 2 hours. Either method you use to cook it comes out fantastic!
I made this recipe and it tastes absolutely great only i found it had too much oil. I should have read some of the reviews first then i would have realized and do some substitutions
Fabulous recipe! I replaced the 2 eggs with 4 Tbs warm water plus 1/2 tsp baking soda plus 1-1/4 tsp cream of tartar and replaced 1 cup of the oil with applesauce and used gluten free flour (adding 1 tsp Xanthan gum to compensate for the gluten reduction) and it was mouthwateringly delicious! Thank you for posting it!