Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that is listed on the www.betterneggs.com website. "Cinnamon, sugar and fresh apples make this easy coffee cake a real breakfast treat." Nutritional Facts: 1 serving Calories 270 Fat 7g Cholesterol 19mg Sodium 278mg Carbohydrate 48g Dietary Fiber 2g Protein 4g
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened (or margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup liquid egg substitute, Better'n Eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 medium apples, peeled, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375°F Combine 3/4 cup sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add Better'n Eggs®, milk and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt; continue beating just until mixed. Stir in raisins by hand. Pour batter into greased 8 or 9-inch baking pan. Arrange apple slices over batter.
- In small bowl combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Bake 30 to 35 minutes for 8-inch pan (35 to 40 minutes for 9-inch pan) until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.