1/4 Photos of Apple Coffee Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Elly in Canada's Note:
I have been making this recipe for years and have received many requests for the recipe. Source: Five Roses Flour Cookbook - which is one of my favourite recipe books. Prepare the topping first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium apples, sliced thin (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar (white or brown)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2It is not necessary to peel the apples, but I do.
- 3Combine the sliced apples,lemon juice,sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- 4Combine dry ingredients - flour,baking powder and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- 5In a large bowl cream butter, add sugar gradually, beat well.
- 6Beat eggs into creamed mixture.
- 7Measure sour cream into a separate bowl, add baking soda, stir together; the cream will rise up and become fluffy.
- 8Add sour cream to the batter alternately with the dry ingredients. Blend well.
- 9Pour half the batter into a greased and floured 9" square cake pan, top with half the apple mixture.
- 10Add remaining batter and arrange rest of the apples on top.
- 11Bake in 325 degree oven for 50-60 minutes.
- 12Especially nice served warm. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.7
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 421.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g