Recipe by Olha
What an aroma with which to greet your coffee company! Easy to make in a flash and tasty. I used 3 granny Smith Apples because I like my apples cut a bit chunky.
Top Review by Madonna 66
I have made this half a dozen times and it is just delicious! Like other reviewers I only cook for about 45mins. I love the crunchy topping so I double the amount and still cook in an 8"x8" pan. Always a hit when I take for morning coffee! Am thinking I should double recipe and bake in a 9''x13'', then I could freeze half. Hmm I wonder how it would be after it has been frozen?
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar (organic brown sugar is best)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut or rub in butter until crumbly. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl beat egg until froth. Mix in milk and vanilla. Pour into well. Stir just enough to moisten. Pour into greased 8 x 8 inch cake pan. Push apples well into batter close together.
- TOPPING: Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over top. Bake in 350°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes until it begins to shrink from edge of pan. I baked for 50 minutes. Serves 9 or in my house 3 Ukrainians.
- Company’s Coming Muffins & More.