1/1 Photo of Apple Coconut Cake (Gf, Cf, Vegan)
1 hr 45 mins
When I was doing the baking for the Autism gala back in October, I also wanted to give something to the coordinator of the event who has asked me each year to donate! I adapted this apple and coconut cake from glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2010/09/coconut-flour-apple-cake.html to use up the GFCF starches and flours I had and the outcome was decadent!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped small
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced medium-thick
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 F and line the bottom of a 10” spring form pan.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseed and hot water. Set aside.
- 3Whisk together flours, starch, guar gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spice. Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, beat together flax mixture, brown sugar, oil, coconut milk and vanilla until the batter is smooth.
- 5Fold in the chopped apples and coconut.
- 6Spread in the prepared pan and lightly press sliced apple pieces in a decorative pattern on top.
- 7Sprinkle the top of the cake with raw sugar.
- 8Bake 55 - 60 minutes. Do not open the oven door before 45 minutes.
- 9Cool in the pan twenty minutes, then loosen the sides of the cake from the pan and remove the ring. Cool completely before slicing (although this is delicious gently reheated).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Coconut Cake (Gf, Cf, Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.4
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 212.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: