1/2 Photos of Apple Cobbler With Sweet Biscuit Crust
Have you ever had one of those recipes that gets lost and then finds it way back home again? I pulled out a cookbook I hadn't used in years and found this recipe tucked neatly inside. This is an impressive presentation for your guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 1/2 cups sliced peeled apples
Sweet Biscuit Crust
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2For easier cleanup, spray a 2-quart dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3In a large saucepan combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon.
- 4Slowly add water, stirring constantly.
- 5While continuing to stir, bring to a boil.
- 6Add lemon juice, butter and apples.
- 7Cook 2 minutes.
- 8To prepare the biscuit crust, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- 9Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 10Combine the milk and egg, add to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork until it forms a soft dough.
- 11Turn onto floured board and knead 7 times.
- 12Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness, cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cutter.
- 13Pour the cooked apple mixture into prepared dish, top with biscuits and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 14Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cobbler With Sweet Biscuit Crust
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.6
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 366.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g