Recipe by PaulaG
This is a great way to have a little dessert with a lot of flavor. A perfect dish for the 2 of you.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a great recipe. I used a large cortland apple. Instead of the apple pie spice I used cinnamon. I ate one and my son asked me what I was eating and he wanted the other one. So I'll have to do it again LOL thanks Paula :) Made for the Australian Recipe Swap October 2010
- 1 medium apple, washed, cored and sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice (I use Baking Spice Blend Mix)
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; spray 2 5-0z custard cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss the apple with the cinnamon sugar, divide between the 2 custard cups and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon water.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or plain.