Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar in August 2006. I haven't tried the recipe, but I hope to very soon. Here is what the original poster said about this recipe: "This treat relates to the all so famouse apple cobbler mom used to make."
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 cup tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Mix well set aside.
- Combine sugar and applesauce in a large bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs vanilla and apple juice to the mixture. Add combined flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- stir in chopped apple until combined.
- Coating: Combine sugar, oats and cinnamon together.
- Add in melted butter.
- Roll dough into 1-inch diameter balls.
- Roll each ball in crumb mixture.
- Place cookies on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 24 to 26 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Let cool.