Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe I got from Southern Living. Haven't tried yet. Estimated Prep Time.
- 6 cups peeled sliced apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- vanilla ice cream
- Combine first 4 ingredients, tossing gently. Spread in a greased 11x7" baking dish.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a bowl, stir well. Combine egg, half & half, and butter.
- Add to flour mixture, stir just until blended.
- Pour over apple mixture, sprinkle with 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Scoop warm cobbler into a bowl, and serve with ice cream.