1 hr 10 mins
I like the addition of Cheddar in the batter of this cobbler. I love this in the fall and it is now apple time here, so I thought I'd share this. I got this recipe from Taste Of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 314.66 ml sugar, divided
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml quick-cooking tapioca
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1419.54 ml thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, melted
- 59.14 ml milk
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- whipped topping (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, water, tapioca and cinnamon.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from the heat; stir in apples until coated.
- 4Pour into a greased 8-inch baking dish; set aside.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
- 6Stir in butter and milk just until moistened.
- 7Fold in cheese and walnuts.
- 8Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- 10Serve with whipped topping, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.0
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 459.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 61.7 g
- Protein 11.4 g