Recipe by keen5
I like the addition of Cheddar in the batter of this cobbler. I love this in the fall and it is now apple time here, so I thought I'd share this. I got this recipe from Taste Of Home.
- 314.66 ml sugar, divided
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml quick-cooking tapioca
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1419.54 ml thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, melted
- 59.14 ml milk
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, water, tapioca and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in apples until coated.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
- Stir in butter and milk just until moistened.
- Fold in cheese and walnuts.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- Serve with whipped topping, if desired.