Recipe by keen5
I like the addition of Cheddar in the batter of this cobbler. I love this in the fall and it is now apple time here, so I thought I'd share this. I got this recipe from Taste Of Home.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, water, tapioca and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in apples until coated.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
- Stir in butter and milk just until moistened.
- Fold in cheese and walnuts.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- Serve with whipped topping, if desired.