Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Love those great apple recipes!
- 8 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon, squeeze the juice out and grate the rind
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix apples, sugar, spice and lemon together.
- Heat through (either in the microwave or in a sauce pan) until bubbly.
- Stir often.
- Cobblers mixture:.
- Sift all dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Mix milk and beaten egg.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients.
- Stir just to moisten.
- Drop spoonsful of cobbler topping over hot sweetened fruit mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is browned.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or heavy cream.
I loved this recipe, Barbara! The combination of the apples and lemon was wonderful! I added just 1/4 more sugar to the apple mixture and that was the only change I made. Delicious and perfect for a beatiful Autumn day! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
I was apple picking with my friend Fran when she suggested we end the day making cobbler. I love Fran, but her cobbler recipe is another story. I offered to bake at my house knowing I could pop into Zaar and find a better recipe. Barbara, as fate would have it, your recipe popped up first and I quickly printed it. The cobbler not only looked amazing, but tasted twice as good! Thanks for posting!
These are fantastic. I like to make small single servings, so I used my muffin pans ( I doubled the recipe). I lined my pans with foil cupcake wrappers. I omitted the lemons due to allergies. I also doubled the sugar and cinnamon to make more sauce. This made 24 wonderful single serve dessert cups! These can be frozen individually and popped in the oven to reheat, taste the same as the day they were made Thanks for a wonderful recipe!!!