Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really nice pot-luck dessert. It always goes fast! Family loves it too!
Make and share this Apple Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (I like Golden Delicious)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Crust: Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- In small bowl, lightly beat eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Add to dry mixture; stir with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Press half in bottom of greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Chill remaining dough.
- Filling: Toss apples with cornstarch, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Put apples in pan.
- Roll out chilled dough to fit top of pan.
- Place over apples.
- Topping: Brush milk onto top crust.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle on top of crust.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes, until golden brown.
mMmMm MmMm g00d! a MUST TRY! i will be making this again! MizzNezz, I am now a fan of your recipes. Best apple cobbler i have EVER MADE
This apple cobbler was not only simple to make, but had a wonderful flavor. The sweetness of the dough was a big plus to me. The husband was so happy that he asked me to make it twice within the same week. Needless to say, it didn't last long either time. I have thought about also using either raisins or cranberries for an added touch of flavor and color. Since apples are so plentiful this time of year, I used about two cups additional apples to really puff up the middle. My hat is off to MizzNezz! Thank you......Teresa
This is a great recipe. I used Fuji apples so I decreased the sugar to 1/2 cup. Be careful on the crust. Mine came out too dry. Next time I will add a little more milk. Very tasty and a fun recipe to make as a family. It's even better with a bit of vanilla ice cream on top!