Recipe by Kim1
This so so good and the way I make it with no sugar it is good for you. Enjoy and let me know what you think... Please
Top Review by Derf
Very good cobbler, the topping was especially good, I just used a sprinkle of salt; it turned out a lovely biscuit topping. When I make it again i will add another half cup of liquid, the 1/2 cup of orange juice was not enough to make it a nice juicey filling; but the flavour was wonderul. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 cups peeled and sliced apples
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute, plus
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the sugar,cornstarch,cinnamon and nutmeg.Add apples and orange juice.Toss to coat.Tranfer to a 11x7x2 pan coated with non cook spray.
- For topping combine the flour,1/3 cup splenda,baking powder and salt.Cut in butter and mixture resembles crumbs.Stir in milk until moistened.
- Drop mounds on to apples and spread. Sprinkle remaining Splenda on top.
- Bake at 375.