Recipe by looneytunesfan
Sweet circles of puff pastry form "cobblestones" on top of the apples, leading to the name cobbler.
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 (20 1/2 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed from a 17 . 3 oz pkg
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400*. Coat a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat apple juice in a medium size saucepan. Add raisins and cook 1 minute. Add apple pie filling and bring to a simmer. Stir in walnuts. Spoon filling into prepared baking dish.
- Beat egg with water. Unroll puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 12 circles with a 2 inch cutter. Place circles over top of apple mixture and brush with egg-water wash. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes, until pastry is browned. Remove from oven; cool slightly.