Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I developed trying to come up with something to put on my kids plain turkey or chicken sandwiches as they don't like mayo, miracle whip, etc. This is kind of a sweet and sour with an optional spicy taste if you like. I will find out if they like it tomorrow.
- 1 gala apples, peeled and diced
- 1 clementine, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted and mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add all ingredients to sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Use potato masher and mash after 15 minutes (optional).
- Refrigerate over night.
I was looking for something to do with the clementines sitting on my counter, so I made a batch of this. Wow! Is it ever good! I served it with ham, and it was a hit. Didn't change a thing, and it was really easy to make. Definitely a keeper.