Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cuisine at Home
Make and share this Apple Clafouti Pie With Dried Cherries recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml dried cherries
- 118.29 ml apple liqueur or 118.29 ml apple brandy
- 4 jonagold apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (1 3/4 lb.)
- 78.07 ml packed brown sugar
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, melted (plus 1 T melted, for brushing pie plate)
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml salt
- ground cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine cherries and liqueur in a small bowl; set aside to plump, 15-30 minutes.
- Strain cherries, reserving liquid; set both aside.
- Cook apples, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, vanilla seeds, and reserved liqueur in a skillet over medium heat, until apples soften, 7-10 minutes.
- Brush 9-inch deep dish pie plate with 1 tablespoon melted butter; heat in oven while blending batter.
- Blend first 7 ingredients for batter until smooth and frothy; set aside.
- Pour half the batter into heated pie plate.
- Layer half the apples, (reserving apple juices) on top of batter followed by half the cherries.
- Repeat layering with remaining apples and cherries.
- Top with remaining batter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar; bake until golden and set in the center, 24-30 minutes.
- Simmer reserved juices in a skillet until reduced by 1/3.
- Serve warm clafouti drizzled with warm juices.