Cuisine at Home
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup apple liqueur or 1/2 cup apple brandy
- 4 jonagold apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (1 3/4 lb.)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Combine cherries and liqueur in a small bowl; set aside to plump, 15-30 minutes.
- 3Strain cherries, reserving liquid; set both aside.
- 4Cook apples, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, vanilla seeds, and reserved liqueur in a skillet over medium heat, until apples soften, 7-10 minutes.
- 5Brush 9-inch deep dish pie plate with 1 tablespoon melted butter; heat in oven while blending batter.
- 6Blend first 7 ingredients for batter until smooth and frothy; set aside.
- 7Pour half the batter into heated pie plate.
- 8Layer half the apples, (reserving apple juices) on top of batter followed by half the cherries.
- 9Repeat layering with remaining apples and cherries.
- 10Top with remaining batter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar; bake until golden and set in the center, 24-30 minutes.
- 11Simmer reserved juices in a skillet until reduced by 1/3.
- 12Serve warm clafouti drizzled with warm juices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Clafouti Pie With Dried Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.0
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: