Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cuisine at Home
Make and share this Apple Clafouti Pie With Dried Cherries recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup apple liqueur or 1⁄2 cup apple brandy
- 4 jonagold apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (1 3/4 lb.)
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (plus 1 T melted, for brushing pie plate)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine cherries and liqueur in a small bowl; set aside to plump, 15-30 minutes.
- Strain cherries, reserving liquid; set both aside.
- Cook apples, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, vanilla seeds, and reserved liqueur in a skillet over medium heat, until apples soften, 7-10 minutes.
- Brush 9-inch deep dish pie plate with 1 tablespoon melted butter; heat in oven while blending batter.
- Blend first 7 ingredients for batter until smooth and frothy; set aside.
- Pour half the batter into heated pie plate.
- Layer half the apples, (reserving apple juices) on top of batter followed by half the cherries.
- Repeat layering with remaining apples and cherries.
- Top with remaining batter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar; bake until golden and set in the center, 24-30 minutes.
- Simmer reserved juices in a skillet until reduced by 1/3.
- Serve warm clafouti drizzled with warm juices.