1/1 Photo of Apple, Cinnamon & Walnut Oatmeal
This hearty, delicious recipe is excellent right out of the pot, but I also make this ahead and re-heat it during the week for a quick and filling breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*Note:Oatmeal ingredients and cooking instructions based off my favorite brand of rolled oats and may vary from your own; I recommend following your own brand's directions to make 4 servings.
- 2Over medium heat, melt butter in skillet.
- 3Add apples and walnuts and sauté for a couple of minutes, then add pumpkin pie seasoning and cinnamon.
- 4Continue to sauté for another minute, stirring continuously.
- 5Once apples have softened a bit, add brown sugar and 2 tablespoons water.
- 6Continue to sauté for a few more minutes, until apples are"al dente".
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Bring 4 cups water to a boil, add oats.
- 9Cook for 10-20 minutes over medium heat, depending on your desired thickness.
- 10When oatmeal is about 80% of your desired thickness, add apple mixture and mix in well.
- 11Add cinnamon and sugar to taste.
- 12Remove from heat and let stand until it reaches your desired consistency.
- 13Serve with a little bit of your favorite milk.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Cinnamon & Walnut Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 54.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 7.9 g