Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Mmmmmmmmmmm. So good and so good for you !
- 6 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 9 x 5 in bread pan.
- Beat milk, butter, and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture and stir until blended.
- Stir in applesauce, cinnamon, and walnuts; pour into bread pan.
- Bake 50-55 min or until toothpic in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 min; remove from pan, and continue cooling on rack.
After a small problem, this turned out to be a good, moist quick bread. I like having a lot of walnuts in it. The problem was caused by my use of both a new oven (mainly) and a new silicon loaf pan, which involved the bread being returned to the oven to bake until done. As these breads often are, I am finding it better the next day (today), and expect it to improve even more. The apple flavor is not strong at this point (if it ever will become so), but I think this is more due to my homemade applesauce, than to the recipe, so I am rounding 4 1/2 stars up to 5. I hope to try this again when I have more flavorful apples. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe.