Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is from the wonderful book "Vice Cream: Over 70 Delicious Dairy-Free Desserts" by Jeff Rogers. I have modified it to reduce sugar, but it tastes every bit as "sinful" on a warm slice of fall fruit pie!
- 3 cups apple juice (I strongly suggest using the unfiltered type- or juice your own apples!)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 -3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients in the blender for at least 1-2 minutes. You need to get the mixture very smooth.
- Place the blender in the freezer for an hour, or the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight, till well chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to directions till it reaches a very thick but soft-serve consistency.
- Serve immediately, or store in the freezer for later use. You will need to let any leftovers thaw for ten minutes or so before serving.
I juiced the apples and made half a batch because I have a tiny ice cream maker. This was really good and the kids loved it too. Reviewed for the Veg*n Recipe Swap.