From a fatfreevegan.com blog. Yummy, vegan pancakes with a twist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk or 1 1/3 cups soymilk
- 1/2 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Cinnamon-Apple Swirl Batter
- 2 tablespoons prepared batter (above)
- 2 tablespoons natural applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- 2Add almond (or soy) milk and egg replacer mixture and stir just until flour is moistened. (For thicker pancakes, use only 1 cup milk.)
- 3Let the batter rest for 5 minutes while the skillet heats.
- 4While the batter is resting, combine all of the "swirl" ingredients, using 2 tablespoons of the prepared batter.
- 5Heat a non-stick griddle or skillet (sprayed lightly with non-stick spray) over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- 6Gently stir the walnuts into the batter.
- 7Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle.
- 8Immediately drizzle the cinnamon-apple batter over the top of each pancake in a swirl pattern.
- 9Cook until tops are bubbly and bubbles burst; edges will look dry.
- 10With a pancake turner, turn and cook until undersides are golden.
- 11Place on a warm platter; keep warm.
- 12Repeat until all batter is used, brushing griddle lightly with canola oil, if necessary, to prevent sticking.
- 13Serve pancakes with syrup or other topping as desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 824.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ener-G Egg Substitute