Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a fatfreevegan.com blog. Yummy, vegan pancakes with a twist.
Make and share this Apple-Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄3 cups almond milk or 1 1⁄3 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Cinnamon-Apple Swirl Batter
- 2 tablespoons prepared batter (above)
- 2 tablespoons natural applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add almond (or soy) milk and egg replacer mixture and stir just until flour is moistened. (For thicker pancakes, use only 1 cup milk.)
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes while the skillet heats.
- While the batter is resting, combine all of the "swirl" ingredients, using 2 tablespoons of the prepared batter.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or skillet (sprayed lightly with non-stick spray) over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- Gently stir the walnuts into the batter.
- Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle.
- Immediately drizzle the cinnamon-apple batter over the top of each pancake in a swirl pattern.
- Cook until tops are bubbly and bubbles burst; edges will look dry.
- With a pancake turner, turn and cook until undersides are golden.
- Place on a warm platter; keep warm.
- Repeat until all batter is used, brushing griddle lightly with canola oil, if necessary, to prevent sticking.
- Serve pancakes with syrup or other topping as desired.
So yummy! I am always on the lookout for new pancake recipes & this was so fun & delicious! I am not a vegan (!) so I used regular milk & egg substitute. I used whole wheat flour as well. I also left out the walnuts. The swirl was awesome & the recipe easy to put together. Used Splenda for the sugar, too. Thanks so much for sharing!