Recipe by dicentra
This is from Cooks Recipes. What a lovely muffin for fall! Healthy too! You can use canned sweet potatoes instead of fresh.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Great recipe! Very, very moist. I forgot to refrigerate, so several of them ended up in the trash moldy. The only thing I subbed was 2 eggs, no egg whites and vanilla yogurt for the plain. Very tasty, made some to put in the freezer for a friend who just adopted a toddler.
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup apple, skinless, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine bran, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and apples.
- In another bowl combine sweet potatoes, egg, egg whites, oil, and yogurt. Add sweet potato mixture to flour mixture and stir all ingredients until just mixed.
- Spray muffin tins with vegetable cooking spray and spoon 1/4 cup of batter per muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.