1/1 Photo of Apple Cinnamon Sugared Muffins (From a CAKE MIX!)
PSU Lioness's Note:
I was looking for some simple muffins to make for a church bake sale when I came across the "base recipe" for these muffins on the Dunkin Hines website. I added a few ingredients and came up with this delicious number that combines my bounty of apples, cinnamon and sugar to create a moist muffin that goes great with your morning cup of java! Cooking time is per each dozen tray of muffins. (Also, the picture is missing the cinnamon/sugar coating. I decided to add that later)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (make sure it has pudding in the mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (type doesn't matter)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (after muffins have cooled)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Grease muffin cups generously or line with paper liners.
- 3Mix yellow cake mix, baking powder, flour, milk, canola oil, eggs and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix until combined well, scraping the sides of bowl as you go.
- 4Fold in apples and stir until covered.
- 5Spoon batter into muffin pan. Fill cups 2/3 full.
- 6Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Remove from oven and cool.
- 8Mix sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 9Dip muffin top in melted butter and then into cinnamon/sugar mixture until lightly coated.
- 10Shake off excess and serve.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cinnamon Sugared Muffins (From a CAKE MIX!)
Serving Size: 1 (1336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 266.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g