Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Jasmine Cuisine blog
Make and share this Apple Cinnamon Streusel Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups apples, cut into small pieces (2-4 apples)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter a nonstick square about 10 inches square, or blouse with foil.
- Combine together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Add melted butter and mix with fork until all the mixture is moist.
- Reserve 1 1/4 cups of this mixture into a bowl and squeeze the rest at the bottom of prepared pan.
- Spoon the apples into small pieces on the bottom of cookies.
- Sprinkle then 1 1/4 cups of reserved dough over apples, like a crumble.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender and the streusel, lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Combine the milk and then the powdered sugar in a small bowl and mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Decorate the bar, dropping the icing on the mesh surface.
- Cut into bars and serve at room temperature.
- Store bars in an airtight container.
Quick to prepare and so scrumptious! Crunchy top and plenty of cinnamon! I added 1/2 ts salt to the crumbs and halved the icing.