1/3 Photos of Apple-Cinnamon Squares
I have made these quite a few times they are a huge hit with my family, they are similar to a muffin but baked in a pan! this will work great using peaches or blueberries in place of apples.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans
- 1set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg (if using) set aside.
- 4In a large bowl mix together melted butter with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
- 5Blend in the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- 6Gently stir in chopped apples and nuts.
- 7Spread the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 8For the topping; in a small bowl mix togther 2 tablespoons white and 2 tablespoons brown sugar with 2 teaspoons cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over the top of the bars.
- 9Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it tests done.
- 10Cool in the pan then cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Cinnamon Squares
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 93.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g