Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
This is another one from Smoothies and Summer Drinks that I am posting for safekeeping. It looks and sounds delicious!
Top Review by sugarpea
I raise my own chickens so I wasn't at all concerned about using a fresh egg white in this truly delicious, nutritious and filling smoothie. The texture is closer to thinned applesauce than "smooth" and the substitution of plain soy and vanilla protein powder worked perfectly.
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute (all whites)
- 1 cup refrigerated vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1 sweet crisp apple, peeled and chopped (medium size)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Substitutions: Can replace vanilla soy milk with 1/4 cup soy powder, 1 cup water, and 3/4 teaspoons vanilla.
- Combine egg substitute and apple in blender, blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Add soy milk and cinnamon and blend until well mixed.
- Serve immediately.