Recipe by Gingerbee
The smell of cinnamon and apple evokes thoughts of autumn, home, warmth, and comfort. These scrumptously moist muffins with their "come hither" scents will have your nose pressed against the oven door awaiting their doneness.
Top Review by Kim127
Sorry, but these muffins came out really bland and I had a couple of problems with them. I've never sifted brown sugar before and I don't think I will try again and the taste of the muffin was very unappealing. I think there should have been some regular sugar added. I will say that they did smell good while they were cooking. Sorry.
- 2 medium apples, peeled,sliced
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 ounces raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apples, half& half, cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 Tbsp.
- butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar and raisins in sauce pan.
- Simmer over low heat until apples are very soft, stirring frequently.
- Sift flour, baking powder, remaining brown sugar and salt together.
- Combine egg, milk, 3 Tbsp melted butter and sour cream in mixing bowl, beat well.
- Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Fold in apple mixture.
- Place cupcake liners sprayed with non-stick cooking spray in muffin cups.
- Fill 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done.