1/7 Photos of Apple Cinnamon Scones
***Updated 4/8/08 - This recipe has been adjusted regarding bake times and temperature. That seemed to correct the problems stated by the reviewer (based on her baking these again.) The reviewer did suggest to just use a powdered sugar/milk glaze over the scones also. Thank you to "Chef #532663" for all her help in figuring out what when wrong the first time.**** From Pillsbury recipe clip-out. I made these years ago and unfortunately cannot remember the results...one of the few recipes I did not write down a comment outside of the date I made them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F Grease a baking sheet.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tbls sugar, baking powder, and 1 tsp cinnamon; mix well.
- 3With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Stir in apples and walnuts.
- 5In a small bowl, combine milk and egg yolk, blend well.
- 6Add milk/egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 7On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough several times.
- 8With floured rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 9Cut out scones with a 3-inch round cookie cutter.
- 10Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- 11In another small bowl, beat egg white until foamy.
- 12Brush egg whites over tops of scones.
- 13Mix together the cinnamon and sugar for the topping and then sprinkle this over the scones.
- 14Bake for 20-22 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- 15Immediately remove from the baking sheet and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cinnamon Scones
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 169.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g