1/1 Photo of Apple Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Sweet PQ?'s Note:
This came from the milk calendar. Make sure you use short grain rice for this recipe to get a creamy pudding. The long grain rice won't cook properly and the pudding won't thicken. The apples and cinnanmon are a nice change from plain rice pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a deep pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the apples, half of the sugar, the cinnamon and salt. Cook, stirring, until apples are softened (about 5 minutes). Remove the apples to a bowl.
- 2Put the pan back on medium-high heat. Stir in the rice and sugar.
- 3Whisk the flour into the milk and slowly stir into the rice. Heat until steaming, stirring often.
- 4Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes (until rice is very tender). Make sure you stir occasionally.
- 5Stir in the apples and vanilla. Cool slightly and serve, or chill, and serve cold (the pudding thickens more as it cools). Sprinkle with added cinnamon, if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 256.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g