1/5 Photos of Apple Cinnamon Raisin Pitas (Bread Machine)
3 hrs 10 mins
I used to buy these breakfast "pitas" from the grocery store, but figured out how to make them at home - for a heck of alot less. They're more like small, flatbreads, and I slice them in half, toast them, and spread them with peanut butter, honey, or jam. Yum! They're not very sweet, as there isn't much sugar in them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Place ingredients except apples and raisins in bread machine in order that your machine specifies.
- 22. Set to "dough" setting and allow to complete cycle, adding the apples and raisins when your machine alerts you to add nuts/fruit. I actually have found that kneading these in by hand is actually easier, as they're a bit finicky to get worked through the dough.
- 33. Separate into 10 balls. Press each ball into a 4" round with your hands - you'll likely need to stuff some raisins and apples back in - it's worth it. Place on nonstick cookie sheets and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- 44. Preheat oven to 500. Flip rounds, then place in oven for 5 minutes, flip again; turn oven down to 350 and bake for 15-20 minutes longer, until cooked through.
- 55. Remove from pan onto clean towel and cover while cooling.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cinnamon Raisin Pitas (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.0
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 100.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g