1/1 Photo of Apple Cinnamon Quiche
The original recipe came from the April 1992 issue of the Yankee Magazine under the article 'Breakfasts to Crow About.' Inn keepers said that returning guests always asked for it. I surely understand why! This is one that will wow your overnite guests. When I first read this recipe I immediately began to chew on the contents, if you know what I mean! I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do whenever I make it. This would be excellent for an Easter Brunch! And it is so quick and oh, so easy even for a new bride! Note, I tweeked the recipe a wee bit and I sometimes add a dash of Saigon cinnamon for a little kick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core, and grate the medium-sized tart apple in a small bowl.
- 2Slice the butter into pats.
- 3In a small dish, combine the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- 4In a small saute' pan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute' the grated apple stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- 5Combine apple/butter mixture with the grated cheese until mixed well and scatter evenly over the bottom of the pie shell.
- 6Now sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon blend over the apple-cheese mixture.
- 7In a medium-sized bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and whipping cream together. Pour over the apple-cheese mixture.
- 8Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 35-40 minutes or until set.
- 9Ovens vary. For instance, in my oven it only takes 30 minutes. Please don't overbake it.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cinnamon Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.2
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 234.1 mg
- Sodium 358.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g