Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This meal is simple to make and delicious. A great substitution at Christmas if you don't want the labour of preparing a turkey dinner. Using dried cranberries instead of raisins adds great colour to the dish. I use the ingredient amounts and cooking times as estimates and vary them to suit the size of the pork tenderloin. I sometimes also add some fruity wine vinegar to the apple mixture for some added flavour.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 apples, peeled,cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or 2 tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the tenderloin in a roasting pan or casserole dish (I use cooking spray first to make clean up easier).
- Combine the remaining ingredients together and stir.
- Spoon the apple mixture around the tenderloin, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and spoon the apple mix over top of the tenderloin.
- Place back in the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tenderloin registers at least 155 to 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.
Fantastic! This recipe was very easy to make, quick to prepare, and so very yummy! My sweetie and I loved the flavor, and the pork was so tender. I did, however, add a 1/4 cup of water, as the recipe didn't call for it, but I felt it was necessary. We used the left over cooked cinnamon apples as toppings for our vanilla ice cream, contributing to a delicious dessert too! Thanks so much for sharing!
My family really loved this. Everyone devoured it. I was almost bummed as my kids kept asking for more and I saw tomorrow night's leftovers disappearing. I used a Jennie-O turkey tenderloin and it turned out wonderfully. Served with steamed broccoli and a salad. Thanks!
LOVED this recipe. Very easy and few ingredients needed. I cooked two tenderloins, so could serve at least six. I added a little apple juice to the pan for some extra moisture and put in another sliced apple when I checked it after 30 minutes. Used craisins and they were perfect. Will definitely make this again!