Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from the 2010 Milk Calendar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, grated
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter and brown sugar, pour over dry ingredients and add apples.
- Stir gently just until combines (a few lumps should remain).
- In a large non-stick pan over medium heat, melt a thin layer of butter or use cooking spray.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup batter per pancake into pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles break but do not fill in, turn and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until golden and puffed.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Delish! <br/>I cut the serve down for 2 people, so rather than waste 1/2 an apple I added it. Was really nice, more dense/moist because of the extra apple, but wonderful! I also cut the butter in 1/2 (for 2 people it was supposed to be 2 tablespoons).
These were good and made for a great Sunday breakfast! I do wish they had had a little more apple/cinnamon flavor. I also would have appreciated if they were a little sweeter to bring out the cinnamon. I noticed that you listed measurements for milk twice and none for salt which you mention adding in the directions. I assumed you accidently wrote milk for salt for the smaller measurement?
WOW. These were so good. The cinnamon smelled so good while I was mixing these and while they were cooking. I didn't realize I had ran out of whole wheat flour and had to use all white, but these WILL be made again with wheat. I did have to add about 1/8 cup more milk, as the batter was a little thick. That could have been because of the flour too. Thanks so much for sharing. My kids loved them as well. TIP: I had to peel my apples, to get them to grate good. Made for PRMR tag game.