Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Simple to throw together and they taste great! Granny Smith's are good to use in this recipe.
Top Review by Dienia B.
this was really good i was worried about 2 tablespoons cinnamon but its fine i used 1 cup applesauce insead of the apples that way its good just have to have lower heat cause they burn fast great recipe
- 2 tart apples, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the apples into thin rings, toss with cinnamon, and set aside.
- Mix together remaining ingredients until blended.
- For each pancake, pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot griddle. Place 1 apple ring in center of each pancake. When set, flip pancake to cook other side.
- Turn onto plate so that apple ring is showing.
- Serve with warmed Vermont maple syrup.