Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I for one like the flavoured porridges and this one is warm and tasty. Also an excellent way for the kids to start their day and a perfect way to keep some money in your pocket on grocery day. Tastes pretty darn close to the packaged oatmeal on your grocers shelves.
- 3 cups unsweetened apple juice or 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 peeled and diced apple
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In saucepan bring apple juice and salt to a boil.
- Whisk in the rolled oats, apple, raisons (if using) and cinnamon.
- Reduce heat and simmer whisking constantly for about 4-5 minutes or until desired thickness.
- **I myself prefer the unsweetened apple juice**.
very good and healthy. I needed to add a little brown sugar
I followed the recipe to the T. My boyfriend loved it. This one's a keeper
The recipe was reduced to 2 servings and a combination of apple juice and water were used. The juice and apple add plenty of sweetness. This is a nice and healthy breakfast.