Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are super yummy. I am going to do my best at explaining how to make them because you should definitely try them!
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup becel margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 chopped gala apples (with skin, or other firm apple like granny smith)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and chopped apples; set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together margarine and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and apple sauce until blended. Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry.
- Spoon 2 inches apart on a tin foil covered cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly browned. It is important to check the bottom of the cookie because you might not be able to tell from looking at the top.
- These will be moist and fluffy.