Recipe by Annacia
Since the rain, cold and gray of pre-winter has set in I have the desire to be baking again. This is one of my real favorites. It bakes up with that wonderful aroma of cinnamon and apples that just welcomes everyone be they family or guests.
Top Review by Outta Here
This apple bread had something most apple bread recipes do not have! Plenty of CINNAMON! I added one pack of instant oatmeal as called for, but due to sugar content, did not use the pack on top of the bread. I just used some plain oatmeal. Very good. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, plus
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (or 1 cup white sugar if not useing Splenda)
- 1 cup chunky unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packets instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal
- 2 eggs or 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in applesauce, cinnamon and one packet oatmeal.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Mix in the baking soda and flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining packet of oatmeal.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.