Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Since the rain, cold and gray of pre-winter has set in I have the desire to be baking again. This is one of my real favorites. It bakes up with that wonderful aroma of cinnamon and apples that just welcomes everyone be they family or guests.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, plus
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (or 1 cup white sugar if not useing Splenda)
- 1 cup chunky unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packets instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal
- 2 eggs or 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in applesauce, cinnamon and one packet oatmeal.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Mix in the baking soda and flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining packet of oatmeal.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
This apple bread had something most apple bread recipes do not have! Plenty of CINNAMON! I added one pack of instant oatmeal as called for, but due to sugar content, did not use the pack on top of the bread. I just used some plain oatmeal. Very good. Thanks for posting!
This was wonderful. I loved the flavor and it has healthy ingredients. I used multigrain oatmeal and next time I think I'll only use 1/2 a package for topping and put the other 1/2 in the bread. My crumbs kept falling off the top :( So good, will keep this recipe handy for using on a regular rotation
Mmmmm-Mmmmm. I love, love this recipe. The added bonus for me is the use of all LF ingredients. What a treat for this carboholic. I used for the oatmeal part - 1 packet of Instant Maple and Brownsugar. Also threw in a handful of chopped up Honeycrisp apple. I also love the addition of cinnamon and chunky applesauce. So so good. I slather on a heaping of recipe#53751 and I'm all set!!! Thanks Anna for such a delightful applebread recipe~ Made for MarketTag~