Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Warm. Slightly crunchy. Just the right sweetness. Mmmm...
Top Review by Amber D.
Just made this for my family! I think it was really good, and followed the recipe in its entirety. My two year old is actually asking for more as I type! The only reason I gave it a 4 is because I like a little thicker oatmeal. Otherwise, very good!
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, diced
- 3 dashes cinnamon
- 3 -4 tablespoons brown sugar or 3 -4 tablespoons other artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add 2 cups of quick cooking oats. Cook according to directions on the box.
- While water is boiling and oats are cooking, slice apple.
- Chop apple.
- Place chopped apple into a bowl and add a few dashes of cinnamon, enough to cover the top layer of apples.
- Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and the brown sugar.
- Mix together the apples and sweeteners.
- When the oatmeal has thickened and is gently bubbling (over medium-high heat) -- drop in the apples.
- Once all the apples are into the oatmeal -- Stir them in and cook for 1-5 minutes. If you want crisper apples, just cook for a minute. If you want softer apples, cook for 5 minutes. If you want medium-crispy-medium-soft apples, cook for 3 minutes. You get the idea, right?.
- Serve Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.