Recipe by nickfo
A wonderful, warm, soothing way to wake up in the morning. So full of flavor, you'll be wanting more. When making this, I never measured the amount of cinnamon, nutmeg, or sugars I used so add more or use less to taste...it's up to you.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Just what I was craving! I love that this recipe calls for cooking the oats in milk and water. I never thought to try that before. I usually just go with one or the other. I used half the amount of butter and half the amount of sugar called for and added a few raisins. It turned out perfect for us. Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe!
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Quaker Oats (Old Fashioned preferred)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add diced apple and cook until apple is slightly soft (about 3 minutes.).
- Add milk, water, and salt to saucepan and bring it up to a boil.
- When the milk and water comes up to a boil, add Oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugars. Stir to fully incorporate. Add more flavors to taste.
- Cook at least 5 minutes, or desired consistency. Makes two servings.