Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup of miniature red cinnamon candies
- Heat oven to 375º F.
- Generously grease muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl combine all-purpose flour, soy flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, applesauce and oil.
- Stir liquids into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently, but quickly, stir in cinnamon candies.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4-full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes; remove muffins from pan to cool completely.
These are so good! Very moist, light texture, delicious flavor. With the cinnamon candies, they are even pretty to look at. (The candies melted completely into the muffins, so no worries about biting into a hard piece anywhere.) I did add a small chopped apple to this and I sprinkled the tops with colored decorating sugar. I got 13 regular-sized muffins, and they baked up in exactly 20 minutes. I had some concern that the soy flavor would be strong since it is 50% soy, but you really can't taste it at all. I shared these with family and some coworkers and everyone loved these - they didn't even know that they were eating something pretty healthy. :) Thank you.