Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
Really yummy served warm.
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped tart apples
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir until flour mixture is moistened.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased or paper-lined 12-cup muffin pans.
- Bake at 375 for 19-23 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
These were very good. I made some healthier changes and my kids still enjoyed them. I used all whole wheat flour, 1/2 c each of the white and brown sugar, and 1 c applesauce in place of the melted butter. They were very tasty! I also liked that this muffin recipe made more than the usual muffin recipes.
great muffin! a little too sugary for my taste so will cut some next time around but definitely yummy! Used 2 1/2 chopped empires and shredded the rest of the of the other half. Delish, thanks for posting :)
YUMMY! If you run into a guy with tattoos and a shaved head who asks you to marry him, just send him back home -- I'm already married to him. He only had one complaint -- they weren't big enough. Men! I made these as directed and we both love them. I was toying with the idea of topping them with a streusel type topping, but I doubt I'll change a thing. Thanks so much.