7 hrs 10 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
You can do this as a blender pancake, or instead of the grains, use 1 cup of flour and mix as usual. I combined a couple of recipes, starting off with the base Blender Waffle recipe (from Sue Gregg) I already have posted. My 5 yo hates pancakes lately, but when he tried these (with caramel syrup, of course) he ate 4 of them! If you need a recipe for making homemade kefir see Homemade Kefir. It's so easy to make, right on your counter! You just need to get the kefir grains from someone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup homemade kefir or 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats or 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup wheatberries or 1/2 cup brown rice or 1/2 cup buckwheat groats, kernels or 1/2 cup corn
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1Place kefir, olive oil, vanilla, oats, and grain in blender and blend for 3 minutes on high. Make sure it is making a vortex. Add more liquid if needed.
- 2Cover and soak on the counter for at least 7 hours, to help the nutrients to be released. You may skip this step, if needed.
- 3Just before baking, add egg, melted butter and honey and blend until smooth.
- 4Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and apple and blend briefly.
- 5Bake on a hot griddle, lightly sprayed with non-stick spray as needed.
- 6Serve with syrup, powdered sugar, or caramel sauce (esp. yummy!)
- 7Makes 12 four-inch pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cinnamon Kefir Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 117.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: