Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love baking and experimenting with recipes. A couple of nights ago I had purchased some granola on sale at the store and wondered if I could substitute it for oatmeal. After viewing several recipes for oatmeal cookies, I decided just to put together something myself. The result? Well, lets just say my husband LOVES them!
- In a microwavable bowl measure out the applesauce and add butter in slices. Microwave this for about 1 minute. If butter isn't completely melted give it another minute.
- Stir in the brown sugar 1/4 cup at a time. Stir until Smooth.
- Add cinnamon, baking soda and vanilla.
- Beat in the egg.
- Slowly add flour, continuing to mix until smooth again.
- Fold in granola (and almonds).
- Spoon drop batter onto lightly greased baking sheet, about 1 inch apart (cookies will puff but shouldn't spread outward).
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes - until lightly golden and firm.
- Allow them to cool on a wire rack about a minute or 2.
- Now ENJOY :).
Followed your recipe right on down, to & including the almonds! I did, however, make them pretty big & got 26 cookies, but that in no way detracted from their great taste! Absolutely wonderful, & we thought they made delicious breakfast cookies! Thanks for the keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]